6.1 The Beginning

Memorial University College was established as a memorial to the Newfoundlanders who had lost their lives during the First World War. It opened its doors to a student body of 55 and five faculty members on September 15, 1925. The College offered the first two years of university training in the arts and sciences in a building located on Parade Street in St. John's.

The information on this site has been extracted from the Official 2023-2024 University Calendar. While every reasonable effort has been made to duplicate the information contained in the official University Calendar, if there are differences, the official Memorial University of Newfoundland Calendar will be considered the final and accurate authority.

Copyright © 2024 Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.