Medical Graduate Students Society (MGSS)
The Medical Graduate Student Society (MGSS) is a student-based, student-run society representing all graduate students in the Faculty of Medicine.
Looking to contact MGSS? Reach out via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or email.
The goals of MGSS are to:
- Provide opportunities for social interaction between students, faculty, and staff through organized events and activities.
- Provide graduate student representation on academic and administrative committees.
- Act as a conduit between graduate students and faculty/administration regarding academic and administrative issues.
- Support community outreach initiatives.
- Provide peer support to graduate students within the Faculty of Medicine.
- Provide monetary support to graduate students in the Faculty of Medicine through scholarship(s) in conjunction with Research and Graduate Studies (RGS)
Your MGSS Executives for 2022-2023 are:
President – Jennifer Bent
Vice President – Jessica Barron
Secretary – Kate Hickey
Treasurer – Maggie Deering
Social Chairs – Alison MacDonald & Jocshan Loaiza
Sports & Wellness Representative – Jacob Kennedy
GSU Representative – Dhrubo Purkayastha
Communications Chair – Thaneswary Rajanderan
International Representative – Priyam Saxena
Indigenous Representative – Chelsea Crossley
Accessibility Representative – Hilary Hennessey
Past President & Vice President – Chelsea Crossley & Jennifer Bent
Cancer & Development – Nash Denic
Human Genetics – Ashley Baker
Immunology & Infectious Disease – Natasha Norton
Neuroscience – Marzieh Sedighipour
Cardiovascular & Renal Sciences – Zhanné Hopkinson
Health Ethics – Keeley Barnable
Clinical Epidemiology – Reem Abdelrahim
Community Health & Humanities – Kazeem Adefemi
Public Health – Tessa Firth