The Internationalization Office has been connecting students to local families during the holidays since 2001 and this year, the Holiday Hosting Program is back!
We are seeking Hosts to invite two students or a family to their home for a holiday meal between December 23rd to 30th.
The winter break can be a time of social isolation, as many international students are unable to return home for the holidays.
The Holiday Hosting program is a fantastic way for students to break the isolation and build a sense of community beyond Memorial’s campus.
It brings individuals from diverse backgrounds together, and families and students can share each other’s customs while celebrating the end of the year!
If you would like to be a host, please fill out this brief registration form by December 5th 2022:https://mun.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6zAuLDHlrryI1r8 .
If you have any questions, please contact Georginne Worley by email email@example.com or phone 864-3234.
International Students coming to Memorial
Thank you for choosing Memorial University of Newfoundland. Please check our International Students Arrivals section for help to guide you through some of the steps required to travel to Canada and Newfoundland and Labrador.
For those looking for off-campus housing options, there is a new section on the IO website to assist with your search. When we receive housing listings, we will publish the information on our website.
Learning Abroad Programs - study abroad, exchange, visiting research placements - are set to resume in subsequent semesters. It is never too early to start planning. For more information, please select the program of interest:
- Outbound learning abroad programs - students from Memorial going to international destinations
- Inbound exchange and visiting students - students from International Destinations coming to Memorial University for short term study or research
For additional inquiries, or to get in touch with our team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supports & Resources
- Outreach & Support through the IO
- Student Wellness and Counselling
- keep.meSAFE - (counselling support available to MUN students via phone)
Off-Campus, community-based supports available to you:
- Bridge the gApp: way to connect with guidance and supports for mental health in NL: www.bridgethegapp.ca/adult/
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: (709) 737-4668 (local)/1-888-737-4668 (province-wide)
- Mobile Crisis Response Team: 1-888-737-4668 (St. John’s)
- 24-hour walk-in Psychiatric Assessment Unit, Waterford Hospital, (709) 777-3021/(709) 777-3022
Events, Activities & Opportunities
Getting involved in campus life is an essential component of the university experience. And because there are so many things happening at the Internationalization Office, we thought the easiest way to showcase these activities is on our events page. Please check out our events calendar for activities, events, sessions, seminars, and much more regarding all of the supports and services provided by the Internationalization Office.
International Units at Memorial University
- The English as a Second Language Unit provides English Courses and a bridging program from Grenfell Campus.
- The Office of Student Recruitment (Registrar's Office) completes a wide range of recruitment and outreach activities to Canadian and international prospective undergraduate students.
- Grenfell Campus attracts international students to its unique programs.
- Marine Institute International manages a significant number of projects internationally.
- The School of Graduate Studies administers all master's and doctoral programs at Memorial and facilitates international research collaboration, joint programs, joint supervision and short-term visits.
- Go Abroad Memorial is a pan-university collaboration to encourage students to participate in Learning Abroad experiences.
About the Internationalization Office
Memorial University is committed to internationalization, international co-operation, studentmobility and cultural sensitivity. We welcome international visitors and we strive to collaborate with educational institutions, businesses, governments, foundations, benefactors and alumni around the world in order to enrich research and teaching, and to ensure we offer outstanding programs for faculty and students.