Hours of Operation
|IO General Office CA-2004||Physical||0900 - 1630||Map|
|Appointments through Navigate||Virtual||0900 - 1630||Navigate|
|Email Contact Points||Virtual||0900 - 1630|
|Telephone Connections||Virtual||0900 - 1630||
The Internationalization Office is open, and staff are available to meet with students in person or virtually to address questions and concerns. In addition, you can meet with an advisor during Webex drop-in hours, or by booking an appointment through Navigate.
The social room in the Global Learning Centre (CA-2002) is also open to students Monday – Friday from 10 am - 1 pm & 2 pm - 4 pm. Regularly scheduled programming, including Discussion Group and Coffee Club – will continue at their regularly scheduled times and will be advertised through the listserv. If you wish to be added to the email listserv, please email email@example.com.
A reminder that all Memorial students have 24/7 access to FREE mental health support with Keep.meSAFE. Download the 'My SSP' app or call 1-844-451-9700 to talk to a counsellor in your preferred language.
As always, please feel free to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Students coming to Memorial
Thank you for choosing Memorial University of Newfoundland. Please check our International Students Arrivals section for help to guide you through some of the steps required to travel to Canada and Newfoundland and Labrador.
For those looking for off-campus housing options, there is a new section on the IO website to assist with your search. When we receive housing listings, we will publish the information on our website.
Learning Abroad Programs - study abroad, exchange, visiting research placements - are set to resume in subsequent semesters. It is never too early to start planning. For more information, please select the program of interest:
- Outbound learning abroad programs - students from Memorial going to international destinations
- Inbound exchange and visiting students - students from International Destinations coming to Memorial University for short term study or research
For additional inquiries, or to get in touch with our team, please contact email@example.com.
Supports & Resources
- Outreach & Support through the IO
- Student Wellness and Counselling
- keep.meSAFE - (counselling support available to MUN students via phone)
Off-Campus, community-based supports available to you:
- Bridge the gApp: way to connect with guidance and supports for mental health in NL: www.bridgethegapp.ca/adult/
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: (709) 737-4668 (local)/1-888-737-4668 (province-wide)
- Mobile Crisis Response Team: 1-888-737-4668 (St. John’s)
- 24-hour walk-in Psychiatric Assessment Unit, Waterford Hospital, (709) 777-3021/(709) 777-3022
Events, Activities & Opportunities
Getting involved in campus life is an essential component of the university experience. And because there are so many things happening at the Internationalization Office, we thought the easiest way to showcase these activities is on our events page. Please check out our events calendar for activities, events, sessions, seminars, and much more regarding all of the supports and services provided by the Internationalization Office.
International Units at Memorial University
- The English as a Second Language Unit provides English Courses and a bridging program from Grenfell Campus.
- The Office of Student Recruitment (Registrar's Office) completes a wide range of recruitment and outreach activities to Canadian and international prospective undergraduate students.
- Grenfell Campus attracts international students to its unique programs.
- Marine Institute International manages a significant number of projects internationally.
- The School of Graduate Studies administers all master's and doctoral programs at Memorial and facilitates international research collaboration, joint programs, joint supervision and short-term visits.
- Go Abroad Memorial is a pan-university collaboration to encourage students to participate in Learning Abroad experiences.
About the Internationalization Office
Memorial University is committed to internationalization, international co-operation, studentmobility and cultural sensitivity. We welcome international visitors and we strive to collaborate with educational institutions, businesses, governments, foundations, benefactors and alumni around the world in order to enrich research and teaching, and to ensure we offer outstanding programs for faculty and students.