- offers strategic and day-to-day advisory services on information access and privacy
- manages requests for information under the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 (ATIPP requests)
- conducts privacy impact assessments
- manages privacy breaches
- manages privacy complaints
- delivers access and privacy awareness/training
The IAP Office assists Memorial University in compliance with the provincial Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 (ATIPPA) and other applicable privacy legislation, as well as developing best practices in information access and privacy. Because smart information management is important to effectively fulfill access and privacy obligations, the IAP Office works closely with Information Management and Protection.
The IAP Office benefits from the guidance of the IAP Advisory Committee.