Basic Life Support or BLS (not BTS, put those finger hearts down) is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. It is designed for healthcare professionals and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of settings, and teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in pre-hospital and in-facility settings. All health care professionals require Heart & Stroke Accredited BLS certificates.
You will complete your BLS course on the first day of Orientation, Monday August 21st.
You will be required to register for this course by Thursday August 4th and you will be contacted via email on the instructions to register. You will require a Heart & stroke # (if you do not currently have one you can create an account here: https://cpr.heartandstroke.ca/s/login/SelfRegister?language=en_US&startURL=%2Fs%2F)
The cost is $100.00 and payment can be sent via EMT to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once payment is received a receipt will be emailed to you.
A portion of sales and course fees help us provide food security and help to Haitian children in Orphanages.
Please read the attachments and important points below:
• Heart & Stroke has released 2020 guidelines, so we will all have to do a full course to complete the updated BLS course.
• The course expires after 1 year and we will be able to follow up with a renewal course in 2024.
• Heart & Stroke requires feedback monitoring on our Manikins, they are quite expensive so we ask that no food or drink be consumed around our equipment.
• By sending your information, you agree to Step One Medical Policies & you will be required to sign a waiver and Covid screen during the course.
• Masks may be required based on the guidelines set out by MUN at the time of the course date.
• All our instructors have been vaccinated and will be required to wear a mask at all times
• Please wear comfortable clothing.
• Reach out to us via email if any questions or concerns
AFTER THE CLASS IS COMPLETE AND YOU HAVE PASSED THE EXAM & PRACTICAL
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN E-MAIL FROM HEART & STROKE
YOUR CERTIFICATE WILL BE ON YOUR PORTAL UNDER CERTIFICATIONS!
Basic Life Support (BLS) Is a skill everyone should know...... Teaches learners to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an AED.