Policy Development Committee (PDC)
The Policy Development Committee provides oversight on the development, consultation, approval and dissemination of policies, procedures and guidelines in the FoM. Policy Development Committee's Terms of Reference.
Organization of Policy Approval
The following bodies are responsible for policy approval within the Faculty of Medicine:
- Undergraduate Medical Studies Committee (UGMS) for undergraduate policies and procedures.
- Postgraduate Medical Education Committee (PGME) for postgraduate policies and procedures.
- Graduate Studies Advisory Committee (GSAC) for FoM graduate studies policies and procedures. Graduate Studies is also governed by the policies and procedures established by Memorial’s School of Graduate Studies.
- Professional Development Council (PDC) for Office of Professional Development (OPD) policies and procedures.
- Senior Executive Committee (SEC) and/or the Dean of Medicine for faculty-wide policies and procedures.
- Certain policies and procedures may be reviewed by Senior Management Committee (SMC).
- Changes to FoM regulations must be approved by Faculty Council. Policies are brought to Faculty Council for information purposes.