Donald W. McKayProfessor Emeritus B.Sc., M.S., Ph.D. Michigan State University
BioMedical Sciences Administration
Division of BioMedical Sciences Memorial University of Newfoundland St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1B 3V6
- Harris J, McKay D. Personality distribution of Canadian medical students: A first look. CMEJ 2018, 9(2): e11-e19
- Rourke J, Asghari S, Hurley O, Ravalia M, Jong M, Graham W, Parsons W, Duggan N, O'Keefe D, Moffatt S, Stringer K, Sturge Sparkes C, Hippe J, Harris Walsh K, McKay D, Samarasena A. Does rural generalist focused medical school and family medicine training make a difference? Memorial University of Newfoundland outcomes. Rural and Remote Health 2018; 18: 4426. https://doi.org/10.22605/RRH4426
- Rourke J, Asghari S, Hurley O, Ravalia M, Jong M, Parsons W, Duggan N, Stringer K, O'Keefe D, Moffatt S, GrahamW, Sturge Sparkes C, Hippe J, Harris Walsh K, McKay D, Samarasena A. From Pipelines to Pathways: The Memorial Experience in Educating Doctors for Rural Generalist Practice. Rural and Remote Health. Rural Remote Health. 2018 Mar;18(1):4427. doi: 10.22605/RRH4427. Epub 2018 Mar 13.
- Storey AE, Ryan MG, Fitzsimmons MG, Kouwenberg A-L, Takahashi LS, Robertson GJ, Wilhelm SI, McKay DW, Herzberg GR, Mowbray FK, MacMillan L, Walsh CJ (2017) Balancing personal maintenance with parental investment in a chick-rearing seabird: physiological indicators change with foraging conditions. Conserv Physiol. 2017 Sep 26;5(1):cox055. doi: 10.1093/conphys/cox055. eCollection 2017.
- Fitzsimmons MG, ME Rector, DW McKay and AE Storey. High growth and low corticosterone in food-supplemented Atlantic puffin Fratercula arctica chicks under poor foraging conditions. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 565: 217–226, 2017. doi: 10.3354/meps11999.
- Kouwenberg A-L, Hipfner JM, McKay DW, Storey AE. Corticosterone levels in feathers and blood of rhinoceros auklets Cerorhinca monocerata are affected by variation in environmental conditions. Mar Biol (2016) 163: 42. doi:10.1007/s00227-016-2817-y
- Blom KC, Farina S, Gomez Y-H, Campbell NRC, Hemmelgarn B, Cloutier L, McKay DW, Dawes M, Tobe SW, Bolli P, Gelfer M, McLean D, Bartlett G, Joseph L, Featherstone R, Schiffrin EL, Daskalopoulou S. MEthods of ASsessing blood pressUre: identifying thReshold and target valuEs (MeasureBP): a Study Protocol. Current Hypertension Reports. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2015 Apr;17(4):533. doi: 10.1007/s11906-015-0533-5.
- Daskalopoulou SS, Rabi DM, Zarnke KB, Dasgupta K, Nerenberg K, Cloutier L, Gelfer M, Lamarre-Cliche M, Milot A, Bolli P, McKay DW, et al.; Canadian Hypertension Education Program. The 2015 Canadian Hypertension Education Program (CHEP) Recommendations for Blood Pressure Measurement, Diagnosis, Assessment of Risk, Prevention and Treatment of Hypertension Canadian Journal of Cardiology. Can J Cardiol. 2015 May;31(5):549-68. doi: 10.1016/j.cjca.2015.02.016.
- Kouwenberg A-L, McKay DW, Fitzsimmons MG, Storey AE. Measuring corticosterone in feathers using an acetonitrile/hexane extraction and enzyme immunoassay: feather corticosterone levels of food-supplemented Atlantic Puffin (Fratercula arctica) chicks. Journal of Field Ornithology, 2015, 86(1): 73-83.
- Cloutier L, Daskalopoulou SS, Padwal RS, Lamarre-Cliché M, Bolli P, McLean D, Milot A, Tobe SW, Tremblay G, McKay DW, Townsend R, Campbell N, Gelfer M. A new algorithm for the diagnosis of hypertension in Canada. Can J Cardiol. 2015 May;31(5):620-630. doi: 10.1016/j.cjca.2015.02.014. Review.
- Dasgupta K, Quinn RR, Zarnke KB, Rabi DM, Ravani P, Daskalopoulou SS, Rabkin SW, Trudeau L, Feldman RD, Cloutier 9, Prebtani A0, Herman RJ, Bacon SL, Gilbert RE, Ruzicka M, McKay DW, et al on behalf of the Canadian Hypertension Education Program. The 2014 Canadian Hypertension Education Program recommendations for blood pressure measurement, diagnosis, assessment of risk, prevention, and treatment of hypertension. Can J Cardiol. 2014 May; 30(5):485-501.
- Lindsay P, Connor Gorber S, Joffres M, Birtwhistle R, McKay D, Cloutier L on behalf of the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care and the Canadian Hypertension Education Program. Recommandations pour le dépistage de l’hypertension chez les adultes canadiens. Canadian Family Physician. September, 2013. (French version of following paper)
- Lindsay P, Conner Gorber S, Joffres M, Birtwhistle R, McKay D, Cloutier L on behalf of the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care and the Canadian Hypertension Education Program. Recommendations on screening for high blood pressure in Canadian adults. Can Family Physician, September 2013.
- Hackam DG, Quinn RR, Ravani P, Rabi DM, Dasgupta K, Daskalopoulou SS, Khan NA, Herman RJ, Bacon SL, Cloutier L, Dawes M, Rabkin SW, Gilbert RE, Ruzicka M, McKay DW et al. Canadian Hypertension Education Program. The 2013 Canadian Hypertension Education Program recommendations for blood pressure measurement, diagnosis, assessment of risk, prevention, and treatment of hypertension. Can J Cardiol. 2013 May;29(5):528-42.
- Kouwenberg A-L, Hipfner JM, McKay DW, Storey AE. Corticosterone and stable isotopes in feathers predict egg size in Atlantic puffins. Ibis 2013, 155: 413–418.