Preparing Your Application
To be eligible to apply to Memorial’s Medical School, the admission requirements are:
- a bachelor's degree at a recognized university or university college before admission;
- two letters of reference (one must be academic); reference guidelines are available here);
- the MCAT exam written, within 5 years of the application deadline. Please refer to Important Dates.
- effective June 1, 2020, the Casper exam will be required annually by all applicants. Previous scores obtained are not accepted.
- permanent resident status of Canada or be Canadian citizen.
For specifics on admission requirements, you should read the Memorial University of Newfoundland and Faculty of Medicine calendars, paying particular attention to the Regulations for the Degree of Doctor of Medicine. Applicants should read the Essential Skills and Abilities Required for the Study of Medicine. Full details on completing the application correctly can be found in the Application Guide, available starting June 30, 2022.
Application fees total $250. All fees are non-refundable and must be paid online by credit card.
The Online Admissions Service will open on June 30, 2022 for the 2022-2023 application cycle. The deadline for complete applications is Thursday, September 1, 2022 @ 3:00pm NDT. A complete application is:
- MCAT and CASPer scores are released (even if not yet available);
- unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended are submitted with the application;
- references are received by the deadline and adhere to the published guidelines.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and refunds will not be issued.