Money and Financial Support

Money & Financial Support

Financial and Administrative Services administers and provides a list of all tuition and fees. Questions related to tuition, fees and payment of your student account should be directed to the Cashier's Office.

Tuition and fees

Our provincial government continues to subsidize tuition, giving us one of the lowest tuition fees in the country. That means it is more affordable for local, national and international students at the undergraduate level to come to Memorial. Graduate students also benefit from some of the lowest tuition in the country, and for students in research intensive programs, we offer competitive funding packages.

Fees are approved by the University’s Board of Regents. In the event of a discrepancy between the fees approved by the Board and those published on this website, the fees approved by the Board will prevail. Financial policies are enforced through the Department of Financial and Administrative Services. For the complete and official list of all fees and charges, visit

Scholarships and awards

Undergraduate students

We award over $1.5 million in scholarships, awards, and bursaries each year. Applications are not necessary for most undergraduate scholarships at Memorial; they are awarded automatically based on academics and recommendations from academic units. You only need to apply for a scholarship if the description says so, otherwise you are considered automatically.

Graduate students

There are a wide variety of scholarships available to graduate students at Memorial University. Some of these scholarships are administered through the School of Graduate Studies or another administrative unit at Memorial, while others are managed directly by the scholarship agency.

Student loans

Enhancements to student aid

There have been enhancements to national and provincial student aid programs:

To be eligible for a Canadian student loan you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person. Check out the rules and requirements for applying for a loan.

Newfoundland and Labrador student loans

Newfoundland and Labrador student loans are processed on campus at Coughlan College

Out of province student loans

Canadian citizens living out of province should visit the student loan website of their province of residence. If you are a student from outside the province and are receiving or applying for a student loan, email if you have any questions or issues.

U.S. student aid

Memorial University is designated to distribute U.S. students loans and Veterans Affairs funding for U.S. students who qualify.

Emergency student loans

If you experience unexpected and immediate financial expenses or constraints that are impacting your academic and personal well-being, reach out to Student Life for help.


Office of the Registrar

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000