Methods of Payment
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer using GlobalPay
- Credit Card
- Cash/Debit Card
- Tuition Voucher
- Payroll Deductions Graduate Students
- Student Aid
- Set up Memorial University as a payee with your Canadian financial institution by searching for the word "Memorial".
- Your student number is your account number.
- Follow your bank's instructions to make a payment to Memorial.
Payments should be processed within 3 business days. Login to my.mun.ca and check your student account to ensure the payment has been applied. Payments made on or before the fees payment deadline are considered received by Memorial as of the bank transaction date and will NOT be charged a late fee.
Wire Transfer using GlobalPay for Students - Use the GlobalPay for Students platform to send your wire transfer to Memorial University. GlobalPay makes paying tuition and related fees simple and affordable. Please note that Memorial does not accept payments on student accounts for personal expenses or books.
Just follow these 3 steps:
- Start a nonobligatory foreign currency exchange quote by clicking here.
- Select your method of payment. There will be a wire transfer option that can be completed through your bank.
- Include your information to finish your quote. For wire transfers, you will find the bank account information provided in your payment instructions at the end of the quote process. Please note that quotes expire in 72 hours.
For more information on this payment option, click here.
Credit Card - MasterCard and Visa are accepted for the payment of tuition and related fees. MasterCard and Visa payments can only be made through Memorial Self-Service. Credit card payments cannot be made in-person at the Cashier's Office.
- Login to my.mun.ca to launch Memorial Self-Service.
- Click on the following links Student Main Menu > Financial Information > Credit Card Payment.
- Follow the instructions to make a credit card payment.
Please note there will be a convenience fee of 1.95% charged to your card by Moneris. Payments made through Self-Service should be applied to your student account immediately.
Cash/Debit Card - Cash or debit card payments can be made in person during regular business hours at the Cashier's Office located at room number A1023 in the Arts & Administration Building in St. John's or at the Bursar's Office in the Arts and Science Building in Corner Brook.
Cheques - Cheques can be delivered in person during regular business hours at the Cashier's Office located at room number A1023 in the Arts and Administration Building or at the Bursar's Office in the Arts and Science Building in Corner Brook.
Cheques can also be mailed or can be placed in the night deposit box outside the Cashier's Office in St. John's. Cheques that are mailed or placed in the night deposit box must have the student number written on the back of the cheque. When mailing cheque it should be addressed as follows. The cheque will be valid on the date received.
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Arts and Administration Building
230 Elizabeth Avenue
St. John's, NL
A1C 5S7 Canada
Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Drive
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4 Canada
A dishonoured cheque fee of $25.00 will be charged for each cheque tendered to the University and not honoured by the bank. A student with a dishonoured cheque record must pay fees by cash, certified cheque or money order.
Tuition Voucher - Students receiving a tuition voucher must present the tuition voucher and pay the balance of their fees to the Cashier's/Bursar's Office by the published fee payment deadline to avoid being assessed a late payment fee. Tuition vouchers can also be placed in the night deposit box outside the Cashier's Office, room number A1023 in the Arts and Administration Building. Tuition vouchers that are placed in the night deposit box must have the student number written on the back of the voucher.
Payroll Deductions for Graduate Students - Graduate students receiving funding through the University payroll system may elect to pay their tuition and other charges by payroll deduction. The policy for payroll deduction is available on the graduate student website under Payroll Deduction. Payroll Deductions can be requested by logging into my.mun.ca and clicking on the Employee tab. To avoid a late fee, the online form must be submitted every semester before the fee payment deadline.