Secondary/High School Students
Secondary/high school students who have completed specified courses/exams may be eligible for course-based transfer credit or advanced placement in first year subjects. Once you receive general admission to Memorial, transfer credit from the list below will automatically be granted for courses indicated with the minimum required grades.
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- General Certificate of Education (GCE)
- Newfoundland and Labrador curriculum
- Math 3208 (NL High School students)
- Students will be eligible to write the Calculus Placement Test (CPT). There will be one writing of the CPT in June and one in September. Eligible students are strongly advised to write in June.
- Students who successfully complete the CPT will be given credit for Math 1000 (Calculus I) and will be eligible to register for Math 1001 (Calculus II).
- Students who do not pass the CPT will have direct entry to Math 1000 (Calculus I) provided they achieve a final mark of at least 75 per cent in Math 3200.
- Earth Systems 3209 (NL High School students)
- Students who complete Earth Systems 3209 may be eligible to receive credit (three credit hours) in the undergraduate course Earth Sciences 1000. This is subject to meeting a minimum grade in Earth Systems 3209 and submission of a Challenge for Credit to the Registrar's Office upon completion of the public examination for this course.