Steps to graduate

The application to graduate during spring graduation has closed. You can apply to graduate in the fall when the application reopens on June 4 via Memorial Self-Service.

The graduation timeline varies depending on which semester you complete your program requirements. Learn more about the timeline appropriate to you based on the semester in which you complete the requirements for your program: 

Make sure to apply

You can apply to graduate through Memorial Self-Service by submitting an Application to Graduate located under the Graduation and Convocation menu before the appropriate deadline:

Application availableDeadline to apply*Additional details
February in absentia Nov. 1 Jan. 3 Fall semester completion
Spring (May/June) Nov. 1 Jan. 15 Winter semester completion
Fall (October) Early June July 15 Spring semester completion

*Late applications are processed as time and resources permit.

For program advice, consult an advisor or, if you are beyond first year, request a program audit. If you have submitted an Application to Graduate, do not request a program audit for the same program.

Review of your application

Once you have submitted your application to graduate, the Registrar's Office, in collaboration with the appropriate academic unit, will review your application and confirm your eligibility to graduate. Graduation eligibility is subject to meeting all academic and financial regulations of the University and final approval of candidates by the University Senate.

Notification of eligibility to graduate

After your application has been reviewed, you will be notified if you are missing any requirements or, if no requirements are missing, you will receive a letter confirming your eligibility to graduate.

Graduate students

Graduate students will find procedures for graduation on the School of Graduate Studies website.

International students

International students should consult with the Internationalization Office at the start of their final semester regarding their immigration status in Canada after graduating.