ADVICE for first-year students
To stay up to date with important academic information, you can also...
- Like us on Facebook /munadvice
- Follow us on Twitter /MUNadvice
- Check out www.mun.ca/advice
- Go to www.mun.ca/fyi
Some faculties and schools at Memorial have specific application deadlines and admission requirements. Many of these deadlines are coming soon.
- Human Kinetics and Recreation
- Social Work
If you are interested in any of these programs, you should ensure that you meet the admission regulations by completing the required courses. Check the University Calendar, or drop by the Academic Advising Centre to get the details on the courses and admission requirements.
To find out more about degree programs and their requirements, go to one of the faculty and school information sessions hosted by the Academic Advising Centre.
|Feb. 6||Nursing||SN 4068||1:00-1:50pm|
|Feb. 13||Business||A 2065||12:00-12:50pm|
|Feb. 27||Human Kinetics & Recreation||SN 4068||1:00-1:50pm|
|March 6||Science||SN 4068||1:00-1:50pm|
All students are welcome to attend!
- Feb. 18 - Winter semester break begins at St. John's and Grenfell Campuses
- Feb. 25, Lectures resume at St. John's and Grenfell Campuses
- Feb. 28 - Last day for students to drop Winter Semester courses without academic prejudice
It is always a good idea to consult with the University Diary for a full list of relevant dates for the current academic year. You can also refer to the Office of the Registrar's Important Dates and Announcements for information about registration times for each semester.
Presented by Employee Wellness, Department of Human Resources and Student Wellness and Counselling Centre.
Date: Thursday, Feb. 7, 2019
Time: 10 AM - 2 PM
Location: Bruneau Centre for Research and Innovation (1st and 2nd floors)
Respresentatives from a variety of wellness areas will be present.
CULTURAL FOOD FESTIVAL
Enjoy international cuisine from local vendors and listen to a cafe concert during your lunch! CASH ONLY.
Date: Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019
Time: 11 AM - 2 PM
Location: Bruneau Centre atrium
Presented by Student Experience Office.
Book an Appointment
Current students can book an appointment with an academic advisor using the NAVIGATE app or desktop version.
Prospective and returning students can schedule an appointment by calling or emailing us.
Drop-ins are also welcome everyday; however, you may have a slight wait for the next available advisor.
Studying should not be left until the night before an exam. It is never too early in the semester to develop good study habits!
- Study everyday - reviewing material everyday will help you understand and retain the information.
- Pick a place to study that is comfortable, quiet and free of distractions.
- Study at a time that works best for you. Some people study better in the morning and others prefer later in the day. It is not recommended to study past your normal bedtime.
- Ask for help. Talk to your professors about the things you don't understand. Talk to your friends and fellow students too. You can also visit the Help Centres.
- Get enough sleep! You need to be well rested to perform at your best.
Whether you came to Memorial with a clear idea of your career path or you are wondering which direction to pursue, Career Development can offer you advice and support as you explore your career options.
The Career Development team provides career advising, programs, workshops, events and opportunities for current students and alumni. They can connect you to work opportunities on and off campus as well as teach you how to connect with people in our community. They oversee MUCEP, ISWEP, SWASP, GradSWEP and other employemnt programs, organize experiential volunteer events, and host employer events for you. Postings for part-time, full-time, summer and graduate employment are advertised throughout the year at MyMunLife.
Career Development and Experiential Learning is located on the fourth floor of the University Centre in UC 4002 and is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Office Location & Hours
Science Building, Room SN 4053
- 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday to Friday (September - May)
- 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Monday to Friday (June - August)
- Extended hours during the registration periods
- Drop-ins welcome every day; appointments available Monday, Wednesday and Friday