Connect with an Immigration Advisor
Immigration advising is a regulated profession. Only a regulated advisor can answer your immigration questions. Advisors at the IO only advise on issues related to your temporary residence stay as an international student.
To connect with an advisor:
1. Book an appointment for one on one consultation: Download Navigate for Students in the Apple App Store or Google Play by searching for “Navigate - students.” For the desktop version, point your Firefox or Chrome browser to: https://mun.navigate.eab.com/app/ and select Log In. Use your MUN Login ID and password to access Navigate for Students. When booking appointment please provide your phone number or skype id. If you have any difficulty booking an appointment please email: email@example.com
2. Attend an Information Session: Sessions are held in Brightspace every Thursday at 12:30pm. A drop in session called "Q&A with Immigration Advisors" is held every second week. For full schedule and session description, click here.
As you know, International Student Advisors -Immigration, do not advise on permanent residency applications, Provincial Immigration Officers are partnering with the Internationalization Office and will have appointments open on Friday mornings, from 9am – 12pm, to advise international students on labor market information, employment opportunities, and immigration to Newfoundland and Labrador. Please note, provincial immigration officers cannot provide you information on temporary residency related questions.
Appointments with a Provincial Immigration Officer (OIM)They will hold appointments over the phone. Please provide your phone number when booking your appointment via ‘my.mun.ca’ and a Provincial Immigration Officer will call you. To book an appointment:
Go to my.mun.ca and log in
1) Click "Student" or "Alumni" link near the top of the page.
2) Click "My MUNLife" in the "Student Services" or "My MUNLife" box.
3) Click on "Internationalization Office" & then click “Book an Appointment with the Internationalization Office”.
4) Select Provincial Immigration
It is important to honour your appointment. If you cannot make the appointment, you can cancel it through the my.mun.ca system or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us.