Withdrawing from the University

A student who drops all courses in any given semester will be considered to have withdrawn from the university for that semester. For more information, please see the University Calendar Regulation 4.4.7 Withdrawing from the University.

You are able to cancel all registrations in a given semester through Memorial Self-Service. The Cancellation of Registration Form is to be used only if you cannot do so through Memorial Self-Service. Please see the Cancellation of Registration Form for more information about deadline and required signatures. 

Please note that, if you you withdraw from the university for more than three semesters, you will be required to submit an application for readmission when you are ready to resume your studies.

If you withdraw from the university for medical reasons, you may not be permitted to re-enter the university unless you provide medical evidence, satisfactory to Student Health Services, of fitness to resume your studies.


Office of the Registrar

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000