Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
The following applies to new undergraduate programs as of fall 2022. For information about pre-2022 programs, click here.
Program features | Program requirements and structure | Business One | Admissions | Certificate/diploma programs | General
- What will first year look like?
- What are the differences between the new B.Comm. and B.Comm.(Co-op.)?
- Can I complete the new program online and/or part-time?
- Can I complete other credentials with the new program(s) (minors, certificates, diplomas or joint degrees)?
- Can I complete a concentration? Is it formalized/noted on transcript or parchment?
- Can I take an online core course if I am in the bachelor of commerce (co-operative) program?
Program requirements and structure
- What are the continuation and graduation requirements for the new programs?
- What is the structure for each program?
- Why are the professional development courses non-credit? Do they count towards the completion of my degree?
- I’ve been admitted to the Faculty of Business Administration. Which program am I in?
- Which math course should I take in Business One?
- Can I take two English courses to complete the English/CRW requirement?
- I failed a course for Business One. What do I do now?
- Should I apply to both the B.Comm. and the B.Comm.(Co-op.)?
- How do I apply for admission into the new program?
- What are the application deadlines?
- What happens after Business One?
- I’m a current Memorial student. How do I apply for the B.Comm. or B.Comm.(Co-op.)?
- What are the admission requirements for the B.Comm. and B.Comm.(Co-op.) besides the required courses for Business One?
- I am of Indigenous ancestry. Are there seats reserved for Indigenous students? How do I apply for them?
- How will non-numerical grades be considered in the admissions process?
- Is it competitive to get into these programs?
- Is one program more competitive than the other?
- The deadline to apply for the upcoming semester has passed. Can I still submit an application?
Certificate and diploma programs
- What are the changes to the certificate and diploma programs?
- Do the certificate and/or diploma count towards a degree?
- Is work experience still required to be admitted to the certificate and/or diploma program?
- Can I obtain the certificate after I’ve completed the BBA?
- Can I leave the BBA or bachelor of commerce and work towards the certificate?
- I have a lot of work experience. Could I be exempted from some courses?
- Can I discuss my course planning for the certificate, as well as future options, with an academic advisor?
- Can I obtain the diploma after I’ve completed the BBA?
- Can I leave the BBA or bachelor of commerce and work towards the diploma?
- I’ve changed my mind on my degree and want to graduate from the certificate and/or diploma instead since I’ve completed all course requirements. Can I do this?
- I’ve completed a certificate from another post-secondary institution. Can I use this for admission into the diploma?
- If I’ve completed the pre-2022 certificate program, am I still eligible for the 2022 diploma program or will I have to complete the new certificate?
- Can I discuss my course planning for the diploma, as well as future options, with an academic advisor?
- I have work experience. Can I skip the professional development courses?
- I’m a new student at Memorial. How can I find out more about the university and St. John’s?
- I’m studying at another post-secondary institution. Does Memorial’s Faculty of Business Administration have any transfer agreements?
- A class I am trying to register for is full. Can I be signed in by a professor?
- How do I get notified about scholarships, upcoming events and work and volunteer opportunities specific to the faculty?
- I have general questions about registration, enrolment, admissions and graduation. Where do I go?
- I’m interested in studying abroad as a Memorial business student. Where can I get more information?