M.Sc. Admission Requirements
Admission is limited and competitive.
General qualifications for admission to masters programs at Memorial are outlined in the General Regulations, Qualifications for Admission section of the University Calendar.
In addition, the following admission requirements apply:
- A Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score of at least 600. A Graduate Records Examinations (GRE) score of at least 310 will be accepted in lieu of GMAT scores.
- English Language Proficiency
Applicants who did not complete a four-year baccalaureate degree at a recognized university where English is the primary language of instruction must normally complete either the:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve a paper-based score of 580 (or higher), computer-based score of 237 (or higher), or Internet based score of 92-93 (or higher); or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and achieve a score of 7 (or higher).
- The minimum Duolingo English test score is 125.
Applicants who have completed an undergraduate program, or a graduate program at a recognized institution where the language of instruction is English are not required to take an English proficiency test. If the institution is located outside of Canada / United States, applicants are advised to provide a document (e.g., transcript or letter) from their university stating the language of instruction as English (as “Grad Proof of English Proficiency”). A list of recognized English speaking countries and English language universities can be found here.