Business research experience pool (BREP)
Information for student participants
Students who would like to participate in BREP can find further information here.
Information for researchers
Researchers who would like to test participants in BREP have five simple steps to complete.
1. Request BREP hours for the upcoming semester by the current deadline. Only faculty members in the Faculty of Business Administration may request BREP hours, and hours will only be allocated to faculty members. It’s the responsibility of each faculty member to request enough hours for everyone (students, RAs, etc.). Please note that you may not receive the number of hours requested, depending on the number of students and researchers involved in BREP in a given semester.
In order to apply for BREP hours, please submit a Request for Hours form and a Sona Study Description.
2. Obtain approval from ICEHR to test BREP participants in your experiment(s). This application or amendment should include:
3. Request an account for the Sona website. This should be done by faculty members and any researchers in their projects who will be testing BREP participants including graduate and undergraduate students and research assistants. Note that faculty members are responsible for all researchers in their projects. To do this:
- Read the BREP Researcher and PI Documentation
- Fill out and submit the Researcher Account Request Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Request a new study in BREP. This should be done for any ICEHR approved studies you wish to post in BREP.
- Send an email titled “BREP New Study Request” that includes the four documents below to email@example.com:
i. BREP New Study Request
ii. BREP Informed Consent Form
iii. Feedback Sheet
iv. ICEHR approval letter
5. Create your study in Sona, following the instructions provided in the Sona documentation. Use the link in the system to request visibility.
Please note that hours must be requested prior to the start of the semester but new study requests and new account requests may be submitted at any time.