On-campus accommodations

Living on campus provides a safe environment that promotes academic success and offers social, recreational and educational learning experiences.

Burton’s Pond Apartments
Burton's Pond apartments are shared living accommodations with private bedrooms. The washroom, eating and living areas are shared between four students. Students cook for themselves or purchase a meal plan and eat in the dining facilities of Paton College on campus.

The apartments are located right on campus – about a five-minute walk from the Faculty of Business Administration. They are also located close to Churchill Square, where you will find a pharmacy, restaurants, banks and convenience stores.

Note: Burton's Pond Apartments are furnished but do not supply bed linens, dishes, cutlery or cookware such as pots and pans. You will need to bring or purchase several items upon arrival including bedding, towels, alarm clock, cutlery, dishes, pots and pans.

Paton College
Paton College is comprised of nine residence halls that offer dormitory-style accommodations. Each residence hall has about 100 residents.

Rooms in Paton College are shared between two students of the same sex. Rooms are equipped with a bed, desk and storage area. Washroom facilities and common areas are shared amongst residents on each floor. All students who live in Paton College are required to purchase a meal plan.

Paton College is best suited to students who are in their first or second year of studies or are living away from home for the first time.

Due to the high demand for on-campus housing, there is no guarantee that applicants staying for the entire year will be offered a room. Therefore, it is best to apply for on-campus accommodations as early as possible.

Students who are applying to Memorial for the winter semester only and are interested in living in Burton's Pond or Paton College are encouraged to apply because space may become available at the end of the fall semester

Moving In
Students living on campus are usually able to move into their rooms up to two days before the first day of classes. The on-campus housing office will contact you with the exact move-in dates.

If you wish to move in earlier, you must make a request to the housing office by emailing housing@mun.ca. If your request can’t be accommodated, you may need to book temporary accommodations.

For a list of temporary accommodations, including hotels and B&Bs, click here.