John Parsons is the currently the Location Managing Partner for McKinsey and Company Calgary AND the Global co-Leader for McKinsey’s Change Management practice. He has worked extensively in oil and gas, petro-chemicals, and power generation. He is one of our leading experts in large scale operations and performance transformations, change management, culture change, and organization design
His recent engagement experience includes:
- Led McKinsey’s capital excellence support for the execution phase of a >$15B capital project
- Led a multi-year transformation of a Global Chemical/Agriculture client, focused on Manufacturing, Procurement, Capital projects, and Supply Chain
- Drove a network wide transformation of the manufacturing assets for an IOC major
- Led the re-organization of the Maintenance and Engineering for a global petro chemical player
- Led support for a $15B+ merger integration for two major oil and gas companies
- Led a performance and org health transformation at a global utilities company
- Led a transformation program across multiple sites, for a leading chemicals company, focused on shutdown maintenance optimization
- Leading a major operations transformation for a major oil sands operator, including significant changes to the operating model and contractor management practices in Alberta environment
John has lead or participated in over 30 performance transformations since joining the firm in 2004. Prior to joining McKinsey, John worked for Bombardier Aerospace in a variety of capacities, including manufacturing process optimization, fleet reliability, spare part planning, and new business development.
John has a Master’s in Engineering Logistics from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology and holds a Bachelor of Commerce Honors from Memorial University of Newfoundland. He is also a graduate from McKinsey’s Lean Operations academy.