George Story Distinguished Lecture Series
The late Dr. George Story (1927-1994) was one of Newfoundland’s most distinguished scholars and teachers, whose scholarship ranged from Erasmus and Lancelot Andrewes, through Christmas mummering in Newfoundland, to the lexicography that resulted in the Dictionary of Newfoundland English. To commemorate and honour Dr. Story’s contribution to research and scholarship, Memorial University endowed an annual George H. Story Distinguished Lecture Series, which reflect the range and variety of Dr. Story’s intellectual interests.
Dr. Raul Pacheco-Vega, Assistant Professor in the Public Adminsintration Division of the Centre for Economic Teaching and Research (Centro de Investigacion y Docencia Economicas, CIDE) in Mexico - October 29, 7 pm, Bruneau Innovation Centre
- Dr. David A. Wilson, Professor of History and Celtic Studies at the University of Toronto. Sponsored by the Department of English and the Department of History - November 8, 2018
- Dr. James P. Carly, Professor of the History of the Book, University of Kent at Canterbury. Sponsored by Department of English - April 29, 2016
- Dr. Joan Hall, University of Wisconsin, Madison and Chief Editor of the Dictionary of American Regional English (DARE). Sponsored by Department of Linguistics - September 25, 2013
- Dr. Stuart Elden, Durham University. Sponsored by Department of Philosophy - March 21, 2013
- Dr. Rebecca Johnson, University of Victoria. Sponsored by Department of Gender Studies