The annual Dean's List recognizes academic excellence in students pursuing a BA.
To make the Dean's List, a student must have attained a minimum grade point average of 3.5, and an overall average of 80% (an "A" grade) in at least seven courses in an academic year. Students who make the Dean's List will be notified automatically.
See the complete list of Dean's List criteria. In summary:
- Eligibility is determined at the end of the Winter semester, and based on academic performance in the entirety of the three preceding semesters (Spring, Fall and Winter, inclusive).
- After the release of final grades in the Winter semester, a list of eligible students is generated by the Office of the Registrar and reviewed by the Dean’s Office.
- All full-time students who have declared a Major or Honours program in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences are eligible and will be automatically considered.
- The student must have completed at least 27 credit hours in courses (geenrally 9 courses) in the eligibility period.
- The student must have obtained a grade point average of 3.50 or higher; a final numeric grade average of no less than 80%; And an A grade (80% or higher) in at least seven courses, of which at least five courses were delivered by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The stuent cannot have obtained more than three final numeric grades less than 80% (letter grade of B or lower), and cannot have obtained any final numeric grades below 50% (letter grade of F or FAL)
There are three student awards associated with the annual Dean's List celebrations
Dean's List Archive
Congratulations to all those whose exceptional efforts have landed them on this list!