Two Heaslip scholarships, valued at $15,000 each, will be presented to students in their second year of undergraduate studies at Memorial University of Newfoundland who are in financial need. The scholarship is renewable for 2 subsequent years.
This scholarship is made possible by a generous donation from The William and Nona Heaslip Foundation. The scholarship will be awarded by the Senate Committee on Undergraduate Scholarships Bursaries and Awards based on a recommendation from the Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
To be eligible, students must be registered for full-time studies, must have scholarship standing, must be in financial need, and must have demonstrated outstanding involvement in university and/or community affairs.
This scholarship is renewable for an additional two years so long as the student maintains full-time registration and scholarship standing, financial need and continued outstanding involvement in university and/or community affairs
Candidates prepare and provide a curriculum vitae that outlines the following information:
- Name & Contact Information
- Student number
- Overview of Education and Training (may include certificates, diplomas, etc.)
- Scholastic Achievements (may include scholarships, awards, bursaries)
- Non-Scholastic Achievements (may include athletic awards, leadership, volunteer awards)
- Employment Experience
- On-Campus Volunteer Experience (please feel free to include provincial, national and international involvement)
- Community Volunteer Experience (please feel free to include provincial, national and international involvement)
- Conferences Attended
- Research Interest/Publications
- Other areas as deemed appropriate by the applicant
Additionally, please provide a statement (no more than 500 words) outlining demonstrated financial need and how this scholarship would impact your undergraduate academic life. A candidate should also include statements on efforts to fund their education.
Application Deadline: October 3rd, 2022
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Heaslip Selection Committee in the subject line of your email.