- On Nov. 23, students were invited to Conversation and Coffee with the Dean and Management Team.
- The MUN CIM-MerSoc Student Chapter attended the 2022 Mineral Resources review.
- During the university's Annual Research Week (Nov. 21- 25), graduate students displayed their research posters as part of the ERO's annual Research Day.
- The Faculty gained 49 new masters of applied science, 16 masters of engineering and 13 doctors of philosophy alumni at Fall 2022 Convocation.
- Winners of the Engineering Graduate Office's in-program scholarships:
- MASc. Environmental Systems Engineering and Management winners: Adithya Anantharamakrishnan (2nd. class) and Govind Ambilikumar (1st. class)
- MASc. in Safety and Risk Engineering winners: Abdulmutaleb Esseid M. Zorgani (1st. class) and Abhijith Rajeev (2nd. class)
- MASc. Safety and Risk Engineering winners: Nijil Kadukan Vally (2nd. class) and Venkata Shiva Sai Nuthalapatti (1st. class)
- MESEM students presented their final presentations for the eight-month environmental engineering project course.
- Dr. Xudong Ye was awarded the David Dunsiger Award for Excellence.
- Tarek Ziad El Awji was awarded the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science's Dean's Award for Excellence.
- Rajith Dayarathne (with Dr. Bipul Hawlader and Ryan Phillips) received the Canadian Geotech Journal, 2022 - Editor's Choice for his paper, "Centrifuge modelling of gas pipelines undergoing freeze-thaw cycles."
- John Lidstone received the CSME Medal for Academic Excellence at Spring 2022 Convocation.
- Parishat Tanakoor received the CSCE NL Section Convocation Award.
- Surya Swarma (with Dr. Kamal Hossain) received the Editor's Choice Paper of 2022 by the Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering for his paper, "Climate change impact and adaptation for highway asphalt pavements: a literature review."
- The Faculty gained 20 new masters of applied science, 13 masters of engineering and 15 doctors of philosophy alumni at the Spring 2022 Convocation.
- Md Saiful Islam was awarded the University Medal for Excellence in Graduate Studies.
- Ph.D. student Zhiding Yang was awarded second place in the MTS/IEEE Oceans 2022. Student Poster Competition.
- 2022 Research Communication Awards - Winners:
- Mohamed Al-Nahhal for "Reliable High-speed communications for emerging immersive technology-based applications."
- Yiqi Cao for "Application of chemical dispersants for tackling marine oil spills."
- Allesandro Zambon for "Navigation across the Arctic Ocean: The importance of experimental activities aboard icebreakers."
- 2022 Research Communication Awards - Honourable Mentions:
- Jonathan Soper for "Approaching the lifeboat launch zone in the Ice Management Research Simulator."
- Didula Tharuka Dissanayaka for "Autonomous drone and vehicle navigation and path planning."