Transfer Applicants for Undergraduate Studies

Application Deadline: March 1 for a Fall start in Engineering One or Term 3.

Transfer Process
To begin the process, you must complete the Memorial University general application. Please include your final transcripts and course descriptions for any course that you wish to transfer.

Each applicant is processed on a case by case basis. Transfer credit can be a lengthy process and therefore, the earlier you apply the better. For more info on the process please see:

Memorial's Engineering program is a block promotion program, meaning courses are typically offered only once a year and in sequence. You must finish one block in order to be promoted to the next block. While transfer students sometimes receive higher level credit, they must complete their missing credits in the sequence that they are offered. Transfer students are asked to begin in the first year that they are missing credit. As well, according to Memorial policy, a transfer student must complete the majority of their degree at Memorial.

Memorial's Engineering program is a mandatory co-op program — a student must complete 4 successful co-op work placements in order to graduate. Therefore, a transfer student cannot begin the program any later than Academic Term 4. In order to start in a certain semester, a transfer student must have transfer credit for all courses required in Engineering One as well as the proceeding semesters to the one being applied for.


I have an engineering technical diploma. Can I upgrade this to a degree?

You most certainly can, but many times the courses required for a technical diploma and the ones required for an academic Engineering degree are very different. Many students in this situation gain some transfer credit but not necessarily as many as they think they should receive. In many cases, students in this situation still end up beginning in Engineering One and doing the full 5 years of Memorial's Engineering program.

Does Memorial have any transfer agreements with colleges?

No. Due to the nature of our new program (5 years versus 6 years), this type of agreement is difficult.