Take one of North America's top ocean and naval architectural engineering programs and the only mandatory co-operative program in this discipline in the world. Add one of the first process engineering programs in Canada. Combine that with premier undergraduate programs in civil, computer, electrical and mechanical engineering, and diverse top-rate master’s and doctoral programs. Situate the school in one of the most beautiful, pristine locations in the world on the edge of the North Atlantic. That’s engineering at Memorial University! It’s the natural place where people and ideas become.
- Only engineering school in Canada to offer a major in Ocean and Naval Architectural engineering at the undergraduate level
- First engineering school in Canada to offer a major in Process Engineering
- One of the first three engineering programs in Canada to deliver a co-operative approach to learning
- Distinguished teachers and world-renowned researchers who are inspiring the next generation of innovators and leaders
- Cutting edge laboratories and research centres: Ocean Engineering Research Centre, Health Safety and Risk Research Laboratory, Autonomous Ocean Systems Laboratory (AOSL) and many more
- A long history of engineering studies beginning in 1930 and full accreditation with the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB) in 1975
It's a great time to pursue an engineering education at Memorial University. The need for engineers is greater than ever before. We’re responding by expanding our diverse programs, increasing our student enrolments and significantly growing our research capacity and building infrastructure through an exciting strategic plan called Vision 2020.
In this section of our website, you can learn what makes our faculty one of the best places in which to study, work and grow.