Services & Resources
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences has numerous support facilities and resources available to help ensure that your time at Memorial is as successful, and enjoyable, as it can possibly be. Whether it's help with essay writing, deciding on courses, practicing grammar and comprehension of a second language or exploring your job options, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences has people who are there for you.
To find the undergraduate liaison for your area of study check the Undergraduate Liaisons List
Students with general questions about possible degree programs, degree requirements and academic advice in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences should contact:
Manager of Academic Programs, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
8:30 am – 4:00 pm during the summer (June, July, August)
AA-4077 (Arts and Administration)
First year students are encouraged to contact the Academic Advising Centre with questions.
Career Development Coordinator
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
International Mobility Programs Coordinator (HSS/IO)
The Writing Centre is a free, drop-in facility for all Memorial University students, undergraduate or graduate, who want help with their writing. It also offers distance students an online tutorial option.
Economics Help Center
To assist students taking introductory courses, the economics department operates a Help Centre, located in Room AA-3095. Help Centre hours for the winter 2011 semester can be found posted on the bulletin board outside the general office of the Department of Economics or posted on the door of the seminar room (AA3095). For further information about the centre, students should contact the department at 864-8248 or email: email@example.com.
French & Spanish Help Centres
Do not wait for the day before a test or the final exam to ask questions! The Department of French and Spanish encourages students taking introductory courses in French and Spanish to avail of the peer tutoring offered at the Help Centre throughout the semester, in Room SN4049. Help Centre hours for all semesters can be found on our website as well as the door of SN4049. For further information about the centre, students should contact the department at 864-7636 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Learning Centre
- The Digital Learning Centre provides a clean, quiet, technology-rich learning space for HSS students to complete assignments, group projects and individual study.
- Student staff are on hand during all opening hours and can assist you with any questions you have. The DLC is located in SN-4030 (Science Building) and is equipped with 40 iMac computers loaded with specialized software, as well as word processing and audio-visual resources useful in introductory language courses. All you need to log in is your student number and course section.
- If you want or need formal certification of your French skills, you can take the DELF test in the DLC.
- Free conversation classes are also offered here for students enrolled in French 1500, 1501, 1502, German 1000/001 and Spanish 1000/1001.
- To view the current semester’s lab and conversation class schedules, visit www.mun.ca/DLC/hours. For general inquiries, call 864-8585 or email DLC@mun.ca.