Common Interview Questions
- Why did you apply for this job?
- Why are you interested in this position/ our organization?
- Why do you want to work for this organization?
- Tell us about your work and volunteer experiences and how they apply to this job?
- Tell us what you know about our company and our services.
- What could you bring that is new and innovative to this job?
- What previous work experiences prepared you for this position? Why?
- What do you want from this job? From this organization?
- What are your long-term career goals? How does this position fit in with your goals?
- What are the most important rewards you expect in your career?
- In what kind of work environment are you most comfortable with and why?
- Tell of a situation in which you have had to adjust quickly to changes over which you had no control. What was the impact of the changes on you?
- What computer skills do you have?
- Describe projects that you have undertaken that have required the use of computers, software, the internet, etc.
Initiative & Problem-solving
- Tell me about a situation where you encountered a problem and developed a remedy to fix it. What was the problem? What was your approach to solving the problem? What was the result?
- Give an example of a time when you have gone above and beyond the call of duty in order to get the job done.
- What is a creative idea or change you’ve successfully put to work in a recent job or assignment?
- What was the greatest challenge you’ve faced in a previous position?
- Describe your management style.
- What are three skills that are required to be an effective manager? Describe situations in which you used these skills.
- What would you do if your subordinates were not responding to you?
Strengths and Achievements
- What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- What personality traits do you have that make you think you will be successful?
- In what ways do you feel you can make a unique contribution to our company?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you consider your three greatest work/school/personal achievements? Why did you choose these?
- How do feel about working as part of a team and about independent work?
- Tell us about a time when you encountered any type of conflict with a co-worker. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?
- Tell me about a time when you needed to make a presentation to a large group of people/students/employees. How did you prepare for the presentation? What was the outcome?
- Describe a situation at school or work when you were required to complete several projects simultaneously. What strategies did you use? What was the result?
- Tell me about a time when you were unable to complete a project on time. What was the reason for the delay? How did you handle it?
- How do you organize your typical workday? Give specific examples.
- How do you keep track of your own paperwork, schedules, etc? Be specific.
- Describe a situation that required you to be detail orientated?
- Are you willing to work overtime?
- Are you willing to travel? Are you willing to relocate?
- Do you have any questions for me?
- When would you be available to begin work?