Int'l Student Work Experience Program - ISWEP
As per institutional guidelines, students must be currently located in Canada in order to work with Memorial University, including all MUCEP/ISWEP/GradSWEP jobs.
Fall 2022 ISWEP jobs will be advertised from Sept. 16 at 5 p.m. to
Sept. 23 at noon. Late applications will be not be accepted.
Please note that hiring units are responsible for screening student applications and conducting interviews. Only those students invited for interviews will be contacted.
View job postings:
To view and apply to ISWEP job postings, please visit your MyMUNLife account pages. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to my.mun.ca and login
- Click the "Student" link near the top of the page
- Click the "My MUNLife" button in the "Student Services" box in the middle of the page
- Once there, click on "Student Life", then click "On-Campus Employment"
- Next, select "ISWEP" and then click "ISWEP Job Postings"
- You will see any available jobs in the Quick Search. Once you open a job, you will see the "Apply" button on top
The purpose of the ISWEP is to position on-campus employment at Memorial as a high impact practice, using meaningful and intentional reflection, a critical component of experiential learning. The aim of ISWEP is to deepen student learning and increase awareness of their skills and competence development, as well as linkages to academic areas of study.
By participating in a ISWEP position(s), you are agreeing to the following:
- Two brief, guided conversations with your supervisor, one at the start of your employment and one at the end, to discuss expectations and outcomes of the ISWEP position in relation to your skills development and connection to academic learning.
- You will complete post test surveys (administered by Student Life)
- You are encouraged to document your ISWEP experience (and reflection) on Memorial’s Online Record of Experience (MORE) – a new experiential record – upon completion of your ISWEP position.
To be eligible for an ISWEP position, a student must:
- Be a full-time international undergraduate student.
- Be registered in at least three credit courses* during the semester or be doing a reduced course load as an accommodation through The Blundon Centre in accordance with the Accessibility for Students with Disabilities policy. If a student drops a course and is then taking less than three credit courses, they are no longer eligible for an ISWEP position.
- Have a 60% or above cumulative average or a 60% or above average in the last ten courses or may have an average below 60%, and applying with support through the Blundon Centre in accordance with the Accessibility for Students with Disabilities policy. (First-year students have attained a 60% cumulative average because of the admission average.)
- Not work more than 80 ISWEP hours in a semester, or 80 hours of combined ISWEP and MUCEP positions.
- Not be on a work term during the semester in which the ISWEP application is submitted.
* Spring semester only- one course registration is required.
All ISWEP students hired in the Fall 2022 semester should meet with the international student career coach, have their resumé reviewed and discuss their ISWEP job. For more information about ISWEP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.