Career Planning Checklist
Looking for some career advice? Here are some first steps you can take to explore your career path.
This checklist is a guide for you to keep track of what you've already done, and what you have left to do on your path to career development.
Please note: this checklist is in no particular order. All elements are important in the process of career development.
1. Build your network:
- Think about who's already in your network
- Attend on-campus networking events
- Volunteer on and off campus
- Look for a new job (on or off campus)
- Create or update your LinkedIn account
2. Learn about yourself:
- Take a career test with CareerCruising
- Attend one of our career workshops
3. Explore career options:
- Participate in an Externship
- Attend an information session
- Research labour market information
- Explore different job search websites