Apply for Accessibility Funding
Your Accessibility Advisor can help you apply for funding.
While The Blundon Centre's physical location remains closed, Accessibility Advisors remain available to assist students with applying for a variety of funding options.
Call (709) 864-2156, text (709) 693-0918, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be connected with an advisor.
Grants to support your studies at Memorial
The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Student Financial Services offers comprehensive information on financial aid services available to students, including those aimed at students with disabilities.
- Canada Student Grants for Students with Permanent Disabilities
- Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE)
A Verification of Eligibility Form is required if you are applying as a student with a permanent disability.
The Government of Canada offers details on federal program through its Student Financial Assistance site.
Scholarships and awards recognize and reward the academic achievements of students at different levels of their studies.
While all students may qualify for general scholarships if they meet the basic criteria, a number of scholarships and bursaries are designated for Memorial students with disabilities, including:
- The Glenn Roy Blundon Memorial Scholarship
- The Daniel Freeman Memorial Scholarship
- The Donald M. Balsom Award
- Fraser Edison Scholarship
- Key Tag Scholarships (three)
- The Newfoundland and Labrador Neurotrauma Initiative Award.
For a complete listing of scholarships and awards, visit the Scholarships and Awards office.
The National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) provides a list of national scholarships and grants on its website www.disabilityawards.ca.