Memorial's Undergraduate Career Experience Program (MUCEP)
As per institutional guidelines, students must be currently located in Canada in order to work with Memorial University, including all MUCEP/ISWEP/GradSWEP jobs.
Winter 2023 MUCEP jobs will be advertised from Jan. 6 at 5 p.m. to
Jan. 13 at noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please note that hiring units are responsible for screening student applications and conducting interviews. Only those students invited for interviews will be contacted.
The purpose of the MUCEP is to position on-campus employment at Memorial as a high impact practice, using meaningful and intentional reflection, a critical component of experiential learning. The aim of MUCEP is to deepen student learning and increase awareness of their skills and competence development, as well as linkages to academic areas of study.
By participating in a MUCEP position(s), you are agreeing to the following:
- Two brief, guided conversations with your supervisor, one at the start of your employment and one at the end, to discuss expectations and outcomes of the MUCEP position in relation to your skills development and connection to academic learning.
- You will complete post test surveys (administered by Student Life)
- You are encouraged to document your MUCEP experience (and reflection) on Memorial’s Online Record of Experience (MORE) – a new experiential record – upon completion of your MUCEP position.
View job postings:
To view and apply to MUCEP job postings, please visit your MyMUNLife account pages. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to my.mun.ca and login
- Click the "Student" link near the top of the page.
- Click the "MyMUNLife" button in the "Student Services" box in the middle of the page.
- Once there, click on "Student Life", then click "On-Campus Employment"
- Next, select "MUCEP" and then click "MUCEP Job Postings"
- You will see any available jobs in the Quick Search. Once you open a job, you will see the "Apply" button on top.
To be eligible for a MUCEP position, a student must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student.
- Be registered in at least three credit courses* during the semester or be doing a reduced course load as an accommodation through The Blundon Centre in accordance with the Accessibility for Students with Disabilities policy. If a student drops a course and is then taking less than three credit courses, they are no longer eligible for a MUCEP position.
- Have a 60% or above cumulative average or a 60% or above average in the last ten courses or may have an average below 60%, and applying with support through the Blundon Centre in accordance with the Accessibility for Students with Disabilities policy. (First-year students have attained a 60% cumulative average because of the admission average.)
- Not work more than 80 MUCEP hours in a semester, or 80 hours of combined MUCEP and ISWEP positions.
- Not be on a work term during the semester in which the MUCEP application is submitted.
* Spring semester only- one course registration is required.
For more information about MUCEP, please contact email@example.com.