Supports for Students in Distress
If you are in need of urgent support call Campus Enforcement and Patrol Office (CEP) (709) 864-4100 and an immediate response will be activated.
Emergency situations include:
- Concerned for immediate safety
- Experiencing or witnessing behaviour that is violent, destructive, harmful, aggressive or threatening to self or others.
The Campus Enforcement and Patrol Office (CEP) is here 24 hours a day/365 days each year to help provide a safe and secure working environment. All incidents and/or accidents on campus involving actual or potential danger to life or property should be communicated immediately to CEP at (709) 864-4100.
Students with urgent mental health concerns should avail of the following community-based services:
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: (709) 737-4668 (local) or 1-888-737-4668 (province-wide).
- Crisis Text Line: text 'Talk' to 686868
- Mobile Crisis Response Team: 1-888-737-4668 St. John’s Region.
- Psychiatric Assessment Unit: (709) 777-3021 or (709) 777-3022 24 hour Walk-in Crisis Service at the Waterford Hospital Site on Waterford Bridge Rd.
- Health Sciences Emergency Department on Columbus Drive in St. John’s (709) 777-6335.
If the student is in need of non-urgent support:
Student Wellness and Counselling Centre (SWCC) - Non-emergency services
Any registered student can speak to a counsellor at the Student Wellness and Counselling Centre. Appointments can be made in person or by telephone, (709) 864-8500 (Option #2). Appointments can not be made via email.
Same Day/One-at-a-Time Counselling-NEW!!
This 50 minute consultation with a SWCC mental health professional offers focused counselling support "one session at a time, at the time you need it".
Same Day/One-at-a-Time counselling appointments are booked on a first-come/first-served basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (*as we will be calling by phone to coordinate your appointment time, please include in your email request your contact phone number, student number and where you are currently residing).
Please see here for more information: Types of Appointments | Student Wellness and Counselling Centre | Memorial University of Newfoundland (mun.ca)
- Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- (Summer Hours 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
International Students - Need to talk to someone?
You can access keep.meSAFE anytime of the day or night by calling 1-844-451-9700. Outside of North America, call 001-416-380-6578.
For more available services and ways to connect, visit the Counselling Services for International Students website.
Student Support Office
If you are a registered student experiencing a significant change in your personal, academic, or financial circumstances, and would like to talk to someone regarding supports, please contact the Student Support Office (709) 864-7594 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Student Support hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Summer hours 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.)