Connect with your Accessibility Advisor
Student Life is committed to ensuring an accessible learning environment in which all students can thrive.
A large proportion of students at Memorial University meet periodically with a student learning accessibility advisor at the Blundon Centre to ensure they are receiving all the supports and resources needed to thrive in university.
If you are new to campus
Your advisor can help you create an academic plan that is tailored to your strengths and reflective of your new ‘university’ student identity through experiences such as psycho-educational assessment and review; strengths-based advising and integrated referral service.
If you are a returning student
Check in with your advisor throughout the semester if you need to:
- Schedule tests and exams
- Get advice about assistive technology
- Get access to Alternate Format textbooks
- Work on an application for funding
- Find out about work opportunities
- Explore options for scholarships
- Discuss learning issues
- Investigate career possibilities
- Get information about housing and campus access
Student Life also provides workshops and seminars to help you discover how you learn best. These valuable workshops will help you make the most of your time at Memorial.