Sponsored Student Guide
Meeting with an advisor
To ask questions or book an appointment please contact our Sponsored Student Advisor or phone: +1-(709)-864-3234.
What are students responsible for?
- Following the rules of both the sponsor and Memorial University.
- Understanding what your sponsor requires of you.
- What do they require from you each semester?
- Are you allowed to enrol in online courses?
- Are you allowed to change majors?
- What do you need to submit in case of extension?
- Asking if you have any questions around your sponsorship or meeting the requirements of the sponsor.
- Maintaining full time status.
- Ensure you are registered to meet the requirements for both immigration and any sponsor specific requirements (these may not be the same).
- Be familiar with the important dates and deadlines for the semester
- Ensure your fees are paid on time.
- We can assist with fee payment if required.
- Check your student account regularly to ensure there are no outstanding fees and that there is no hold on your account.
- Check your MUN email regularly.
- Contact the Sponsored Student Advisor if you have any questions, concerns, or require any support.
What is the Sponsored Student Program responsible for?
- Supporting in gathering and completion of required documentation for sponsors.
- Providing assistance as required.
Who provides my health insurance?
Information on health insurance can be found on the Internationalization Office Website.
- You are responsible for ensuring your tuition fees are paid on time.
- If you require third party billing let us know.
- In order for MUN to invoice your sponsor directly you will need to provide a letter from your embassy including the following:
- MUN student number
- Full name of the student
- Period covered and description of eligible and ineligible expenses under the sponsorship program
- Permission to bill