Immigration Advising

[Winter 2022] Students, we continue to provide our supports to you virtually. This means email & other social media platforms including WebEX, Skype and Zoom.

For information on how to connect with an Immigration Advisor, click here. 

Welcome to Memorial University’s international students’ immigration learning site. The goal of this section of the website is to empower you with information and resources so that you can draw your path to your immigration goals.
In terms of immigration, there are three main categories of people in Canada: citizens, permanent residents, and temporary residents. International students, foreign workers, and visitors are all temporary residents.

Our International Students Advisor (Immigration) helps international students with temporary resident documents. We DO advise on:

• Study permit applications and extensions
• TRV applications
• eTA applications
• Work permits
• Co-op Work Permit
• Post-Graduate Work Permit
• Destitute student work permit
• Spousal open work permit
• Work permits for visiting students
• Visitor record applications and extensions

As an international student, there are a number of documents you need to study in Canada. You are responsible for maintaining your immigration status and complying with immigration regulations while you're here. Please connect with one of our International Student Advisors (immigration) if you any questions related to temporary residency.