Connect with an Immigration Advisor
Immigration advising is a regulated profession. Only a regulated advisor can answer your immigration questions. Advisors at the IO only advise on issues related to your temporary residence stay as an international student. Click here for information about how to meet with a Provincial Immigration Advisor.
To connect with an advisor:
- Current students can book an appointment with an immigration advisor using Navigate Student.
- MI Students and recently admitted students can schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com from your @mun.ca email (please specify in the email that you do not have access to Navigate).
Preparing for your appointment
- Prepare questions or topics to discuss prior to advising appointments
- Aim to arrive on time to scheduled advising appointments
Our standard appointments are 30 minutes in duration. If students arrive more than 15 minutes past their scheduled appointment time there is no guarantee the advisor will be able to meet with them at that time therefore late arrivals may need to reschedule.
Appointments can be cancelled or rescheduled through the Navigate Student app. If you booked your appointment by email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment.
Check Navigate (see #1) for a schedule of drop in hours, or see below.
For Fall 2023, virtual drop in hours are held every Wednesday and Friday (except for holidays) from 11am to 1pm NLT from September 8 to December 22, 2023.
Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm- Paniz
No drop in hours September 6
Fridays from 11am to 1pm – Natasha
Click on the link for the advisor's personal room in webex and request to enter the room. The advisor will be notified you are waiting in the lobby and you will be placed in queue with others waiting in the lobby. Students will be seen in the order they request entry to the room.
Fall 2023 sessions are held in Brightspace (course: Immigration Support for International Students)every Tuesday, and Thursday (except for holidays) at 12:00 pm NLT. For schedule, click here.
When sending inquiries to the inbox, students are strongly advised to send the query from @mun.ca email and to include the following:
2. Student Number
3. Program of study
4. Level of study
5. Country of current residence
Appointments with Provincial Immigration Officers
Appointments open on Friday mornings from 9am – 1pm September 8 to December 15, and Wednesday afternoons from 2pm-4:30pm September 20 to Decemeber 13 for the Fall 2023 semester, to advise international students on labor market information, employment opportunities, and immigration to Newfoundland and Labrador. Please note, provincial immigration officers cannot provide you information on temporary residency related questions.
Appointments are held virtually over the Webex. Student will receive an email to confirm the appointment which includes the Webex link. Students must click on the link at the time of their appointment and wait in the virtual lobby until admitted.
To book an appointment:
- Go to my.mun.ca and log in
- Click "Student" or "Alumni" link near the top of the page.
- Click "My MUNLife" in the "Student Services" or "My MUNLife" box.
- Click on "Internationalization Office" & then click “Book an Appointment with the Internationalization Office”.
- Select Provincial Immigration.
Note: this appointment will be through Webex and you will receive the meeting link by email once you book
It is important to honour your appointment. If you cannot make the appointment, you can cancel it through the my.mun.ca system or email email@example.com to inform us.