On and Off Campus Employment

For more information about on-campus and off-campus jobs please visit Career Development’s website.

There are also many administrative offices on-campus that hire students. Please see the list below and, if interested, go to their main office and drop off a resume.

  • Alumni Affairs and Development
  • Facilities Management
  • Housing, Food and Conference Services Aramark (Food Services)
  • Graduate Students Union (GSU)
  • Information Technology Services
  • MUN Bookstore
  • MUN Students’ Union (MUNSU)
  • The Muse
  • Queen Elizabeth II Library
  • The Works

Information for Spouses of Students

Your spouse can meet with our career advisor to get advice about job search. Please contact careerdevelopment@mun.ca to meet with a Career Advisor

Social Insurance Number

For more information about how to apply and to get updates about applying for a SIN please click here.

A study permit issued by CIC is acceptable only when it indicates that the permit holder “may accept employment” or “may work” in Canada.

If neither of these statements is on the study permit, the international student will need to submit a request for an amendment to their study permit before a SIN application can be completed. If the study permit indicates that you cannot work off-campus and you have recently entered a program of study which makes you eligible to work off-campus, then you will need to apply for a new study permit. If you need assistance or advice on the process, please refer to our Immigration Advising Services. For more information about working off-campus please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp.