Foreign Health Insurance
For an important notice for individuals enrolled in Guard Me plans between 2003 and 2021, click here.
All registered international students are automatically enrolled in the Foreign Health Insurance plan.
- About your foreign health insurance
- Who is not covered and how to opt in
- Who can opt out
- If you have questions
- The current provider of the foreign health insurance is Guard Me.
- The cost of the insurance is $261.59 per semester.
- Coverage dates align with the semester. For example, coverage for Winter is from January 1 to April 30.
- Beginning Fall 2020, there are two new enhancements to the plan;
- Coverage up to $10,000 for medically necessary non-emergent treatment of a condition
- Medical expenses incurred as a result of actions while impaired.
- Be sure to check out Guard Me’s services such as Mobile Doctor
- Automatic coverage does not apply to:
- Dependents of students
- Post docs or visiting scholars/faculty
- For information on opting into the Foreign Health Insurance, click here.
- If you are studying outside of Canada, you must opt out of the foreign health insurance
- If you obtain public health care offered through the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador called MCP you might be eligible to opt out of the foreign health and transfer to your student union managed health plan.
- For information on MCP visit this website.
- Having alternate coverage (with the exception of those outlined here) does not make you eligible to opt out.
- For information on opting out of the foreign health insurance, click here.
- Email Natasha at email@example.com
- Book an appointment with Natasha in Navigate. Download Navigate for Students in the Apple App Store or Google Play by searching for “Navigate - students.” For the desktop version, point your Firefox or Chrome browser to: https://mun.campus.eab.com/pal/a4WskQ4qlQ and select Log In. Use your MUN Login ID and password to access Navigate for Students.
NOTICE FOR INDIVIDUALS (STUDENTS, POST-DOCS AND VISITING STUDENTS) ENROLLED IN GUARD.ME PLANS BETWEEN 2003 TO SPRING 2021:
Guard.me, the foreign health insurance provider, has advised of a potential privacy breach they encountered. On May 12 and June 18, 2021, an unauthorized third-party accessed the guard.me computer network. Upon discovering this, guard.me took steps to secure their systems and conduct a comprehensive analysis to determine how the incident occurred and what information may have been involved. They determined that certain personal information may have been subject to unauthorized access. Although guard.me found no evidence that suggests any information has been misused as a result of this incident, they believe it is prudent to take steps to notify the potentially affected individuals and provide them with information that will help them safeguard their identity.
The privacy breach may have affected some current or former students enrolled in guard.me insurance plans. As this may affect you, and to learn more, please note the below:
If students would like further information, they can visit www.guard.me/customernotice.php or call guard.me at 1-888-348-1946 or +1 905-752-6207 from 8am – 8pm ET.
In addition, to mitigate any potential risk to students, guard.me is offering Credit Monitoring services for the next year through one of the most trusted and recognized providers of Credit Monitoring solutions.
Guard.me has also established a Media Relations contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, please be advised that you may contact the province's Information and Privacy Commissioner (www.oipc.nl.ca) about the incident.