Dr. Greg Naterer’s appointment as dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science expires on July 31, 2017, and he has indicated his desire to be reappointed for a second term.
In accordance with the Procedures Governing the Appointment, Review, Promotion and Tenure of Academic Administrators, a review committee has been established with the following membership:
- Dr. Assem Hassan, associate professor
- Dr. Helen Zhang, associate professor
- Mr. Anil Raheja, director, Engineering Co-operative Education
- Dr. Octavia Dobre, professor
- Dr. Heather Carnahan, dean, School of Human Kinetics and Recreation
- Dr. Sean Cadigan, associate vice-president (academic) programs, complement planning and development — chair
- Dr. Geoff Rideout, associate professor, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- Mohamed Ismail, Graduate Students’ Union and Memorial University of Newfoundland Students Union representative
The review process requires broad consultation with the faculty and the university community.
In due course, the committee will seek the input of faculty members, staff and students.