New Graduate Students - Graduate Diploma
Welcome to your graduate studies in the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science!
* The Fallsemester starts on Wednesday, September 5, 2018.
- Please Review Information for New Graduate Students
- School of Graduate Studies (http://www.mun.ca/sgs/newstudents/) has listed steps for you to prepare for your graduate studies at Memorial.
- If you are an international student, please review the information for new international students (http://www.mun.ca/international/students/) and register at the Internationalization Office after you arrive.
- Attend One of the Orientation Sessions for Graduate Students in Engineering
- 3 p.m., Tuesday, Sept 4, 2018 (Location: EN4002)
- 10 a.m., Wednesday, Sept 5 2018 (Location: EN4000)
- 10 a.m., Thursday, Sept 6 2018 (Location: EN4000)
- 10 a.m., Friday, Sept 7 2018 (Location: EN4000)
- 10 a.m., Monday, Sept 10, 2018 (Location: EN4000)
NOTE: Check in time is 10 a.m. to noon, Monday to Friday from Aug 27 to Sep 13 in EN4036, EN4039, and EN4040 in the S.J. Carew (Engineering) Building. Other times, please drop in 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bring Us Your Documents
- When you come to the orientation session, please present us with your Study Permit, your Admission Letter and the Program of Study Form. (You may not have the Program of Study Form if you are given a conditional admission.)
- If you are given a conditional admission letter, please present the documents specified in the letter.
- Registration Online
- Please set up your account at my.mun.ca.
- Register Courses - Click “Launch Memorial Self-Service” after logging in my.mun.ca. Register courses in “Add and Drop Courses”. All graduate students in engineering are required to register ENGI9000. The registration instruction can be found at https://www.mun.ca/regoff/registration/how/gsteptoregister.php. Course offerings and schedules for each semester are listed at http://www.mun.ca/engineering/graduate/current_students/
- Required Courses with a Number Less Than 9000 - Please read “Required Courses” in the Program of Study Form, if you have the form. If the required course(s) has a number less than 9000, we will help you to register the courses manually through Course Change Form [https://www.mun.ca/regoff/registration/Course_Change_Form_2013.pdf].
- Principles for Course Selection
- You shall register the required courses with a number less than 9000 prior to any graduate (9000 level) courses if any are listed on your Program of Study Form. These are the undergraduate courses that are required to enhance your background.
- You shall register core courses first. Any graduate course will be offered only once a year. If you miss the core course, you will not be able to take it until it is offered again in 12 months.
- The normal work load is 3 courses per semester. If you need to undertake a Project A course with 0 credit, you could register another three courses in the same semester.
Fall Winter Spring 2 core courses 2 core courses 1 core course 1 elective 1 elective 1 elective Project A Project B
- LabNet Account - If you need access to LabNet, please go to www.cs.mun.ca/labnet/login.html. Follow the instructions on the page. This will set up the LabNet account and sync the passwords with your my.mun.ca account.
- English Placement Test for International Students.
You can check whether you are required to write the English Placement Test and register the test at http://www.mun.ca/esl/support/english_placement_test.php.
- Other Things You Need to Know
- Fees - You can find the fee charges in “Financial Information” on “Self-Service”. Fee Payment Deadline is the first day of class. Fees may be paid online through self-service, telephone banking, or in person at the Cashier’s Office, in ,A-1023 in Arts & Administration Building.
- Program Termination Policy - The passing mark for each course you register, including undergraduate and graduate level courses, is 65%. Any grade lower than 65% will be considered as a failure. Your program may be terminated if there are two failures for MOGE or MESEM programs or three failures for MASCE. One failure in Graduate Diploma program will result in a program termination.
- Update Your Mailing Address - All mails from School of Graduate Studies, Registrar’s Office, Cashier’s Office, etc. will be sent to your address on self-service. Please update your current/local mailing address immediately by using the student self-service.
- Check MUN email on regular basis - Once the MUN email is set up on your my.mun.ca account, please make sure to check this email daily, as all messages from the University will be sent to this MUN email, not your personal email.