Bachelor of Education (Post-Secondary) as a Second Degree
Bachelor of Education (Post-Secondary) as a Second Degree is a full or part-time, 36 credit hour program intended for students who have completed an appropriate Bachelor’s degree.
To be considered for admission an applicant must meet the general admission requirements of the University and the admission requirements as outlined below. Applicants must have:
- been awarded an undergraduate degree from Memorial University or from an institution recognized by Memorial University with at least second class standing or equivalent; or
- been awarded an undergraduate degree from Memorial University or an institution recognized by Memorial University and have successfully completed Education 2700, 2720 and 2801 with an average of at least 65%.
Supporting documents required for:
- Two (2) References required who can attest to your suitability to work as a teacher of adults. Form available here. Referees' names and email addresses will be requested and collected electronically by the Office of the Registrar during the online application process. Referrees will be contacted automatically by the Office of the Registrar shortly after submission of your online application for admission.
- Personal Statement: Prepare a detailed statement in essay format (1 page) indicating why you would like to work in the post-secondary sector and what is or will be your area of specialization. (This information is collected electronically during the online application process.)
- Resume - To be submitted directly to the Office of the Registrar
- Transcripts - Awarded certificates and diplomas, from institutions other than Memorial University are to be submitted at the time of application indicating courses in progress and courses completed. Official Transcripts, certificates and diplomas are to be sent directly from the awarding Institution to The Office of the Registrar, Memorial University.