There are a number of funding opportunities you can apply for. Eligibilty for most if not all is that you have a current and formal affiliation with the university.
All applications must to be submitted either three or five business days prior to RGCS's or the funder's deadline - so that reviews and edits can be done before the deadline. Normally, if RGCS requires five days to review, so does the faculty. If RGCS requires three days to review, so does the faculty.
Faculty of Education
The Faculty offers an internal Research & Development (R&D) grant once a year:
Like all other funding applications, please review your application with the GFO. Calls announcing the R&D are sent out by email well in advance of the deadline.
Memorial offers a number of grants including, but not limited to:
- Seed, Bridge and Multidisciplinary Fund. Deadlines Nov 30th and May 1st.
- SSHRC Explore (previously SSHRC / Vice-President’s Research Grants Program. Deadlines February 7 and September 30 annually*
- SSHRC Exchange - International Representation (previously SSHRC VP Travel Grants for International Representation). February 7 & September 20 Annually*
- SSHRC Exchange - Paper Presentation at Scholarly Conferences (previously SSHRC Travel Grants for Paper Presentation at Scholarly Conferences). February 7 & September 20 annually*
- Conference Fund. Oct. 15, Feb. 15 and June 15
- Publications Subvention Program. March 15 & November 15*
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend, applications will be due on the first work day following the deadline.
A comprehensive list is available in Memorial's Research Funding Database with deadlines and application forms. Another database to consult or cross-reference is Humanities and Social Sciences Research Funding Tracker.
Public Engagement Funds
Each year, Memorial University offers Public Engagement grants managed by the Office of Public Engagement.
- Quick Start Fund for Public Engagement $1,000
- Public Engagement Accelerator Fund $10,000
- President's Award for Public Engagement Partnerships $5,000
Tri-Council funding competitions are described and communicated through the TriCouncil websites but also through Memorial's Research Funding Database. You can sign up to be notified of database updates.
There are a number of foundations in Newfoundland, Atlantic Canada, Canadian and international foundations whose mandate includes funding education research. To review potential funders, schedule a meeting with your GFO. HSS maintains a Grant Tracker that includes foundations; be sure to check it.