I want to apply
1. Choose a program and a campus
Memorial University offers a wide variety of programs. With over 100 degree options and multiple campuses to choose from, your choices are wide open. Check out what is offered at the St. John’s Campus, Grenfell Campus, the Marine Institute or online.
Application deadlines vary by program. We encourage you to submit your application well in advance of the posted deadlines.
If you are applying from outside of Canada and will need a study permit please ensure you have sufficient time to process your study permit application.
All applicants must meet general admission requirements before being considered for admission to a competitive-entry program.
If you are taking courses at a university or college for the first time, you will first be considered for admission under a general admission program such as bachelor of arts or bachelor of science.
If you are successful with general admission and have applied to a competitive-entry program, your application will be forwarded to that faculty/school for consideration. You will hear from them separately.
General admission requirements
- Canadian high school curriculum requirements >>
- International high school curriculum requirements >>
- Home-schooled student requirements >>
- University or college transfer requirements >>
- Readmission requirements >>
- Mature student requirements >>
- Senior citizen requirements >>
- Visiting student requirements >>
- Non-degree student requirements >>
English language requirement
All applicants to Memorial University must meet our English language requirement.
If you haven’t yet met the requirement, you may be interested in our English as a Second Language program offered at the Grenfell Campus.
Other admission categories
High school applicants with a high academic average, who are in or nearing their final year of high school, may apply to enrol in a course at Memorial University
Applicants from high school who do not meet the admission requirements due to special circumstances may appeal for special admission consideration.
The online application takes about 30 minutes to complete. You may start an application, save it, and return to it any time before submitting.
A Visa or MasterCard (credit or debit) is required to pay the application fees when submitting the application.
New and returning applicants
You will need to submit a new online application if you are applying to Memorial University for the first time, if you were previously admitted but didn’t register for courses, or if you were previously enrolled and haven’t registered for courses in more than three consecutive semesters.
Apply online using the button below and either select Create Account or if you have already created an account, Sign In. Once your account is created and you are signed in, select Create Application and then select the appropriate application.
The fine print
- Applicants must complete their own application as they are academically responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted.
- The application may not work properly on a mobile device.
- The software for the online application only supports the English language.
Trouble logging in?
Typically if you close your browser entirely and start it up again the problem goes away and you'll be able to log in. If that does not work try clearing your browser history. If this does not work contact email@example.com.
Current Memorial University students
Current Memorial Students (students attending classes or who registered for classes in the last 3 semesters) can change their academic program in one of two ways, depending on the intended program/major/minor:
- Use the appropriate program declaration form if you wish to:
2. Application for competitive-entry programs:
Apply online using the button below and select Create Account. You will need to create a new account for the admissions portal using your @mun email address and by creating your own password.
Once your account is created, select Create Application and then select the application named Limited Access: Current Memorial Students Only.
You will also be required to include your current Memorial Student Number on the application to ensure you are not charged the application fee.
Current Memorial University employees and retirees
As current Memorial University employees and retirees are exempt from the application fee, contact the Office of the Registrar for instructions on how to apply.
Once you've clicked the submit button on your application, proceed to the payment page and pay the non-refundable application fee. A valid Visa or MasterCard (credit or debit) is required to submit the online application. Current Memorial students will not be charged an application fee.
Application fee payments can only be made from 5 a.m. to midnight (Newfoundland time), Sunday through Friday. Outside of these times, you will be able to access your application but not submit or pay the fee.
Upon successful payment of your application, a payment details screen will appear. This screen will indicate your payment was processed successfully with a response message of APPROVED.
You should keep a picture/screenshot of this page as it will contain your reference number and authorization code. You will also be sent an email with the payment details.
After submission and payment of your application you will be able to check your application status, review required supplemental items and documents, and view any admission decisions using the My Account page in the admissions portal.
- Canadian applicants: $60 CAD
- Canadian applicants who have attended a post-secondary institution outside of Newfoundland and Labrador: $120 CAD
- International applicants: $120 CAD
Faculty specific application fees
These fees are in addition to the general application fees listed above:
- Bachelor of music applicants: $40 CAD
- Bachelor of music and bachelor of business administration applicants: $40 CAD
- Doctor of pharmacy Canadian applicants: $125 CAD
- Doctor of pharmacy international applicants: $175 CAD
- Doctor of pharmacy for working professionals applicants: $125 CAD