Bachelor of business administration
Grenfell Campus offers an undergraduate degree program in business administration as well as a minor program for students completing other degrees. To be admitted to the BBA program, students should select this option on their undergraduate application for admission.
Students must complete 120 credit hours subject to core program and specific BBA program requirements.
Students may choose to complete a minor program from the Division of Arts, Science, or Social Science, although a minor is not required.
Sample first year
Students accepted to the bachelor of business administration at Grenfell Campus will normally take the following courses in their first year:
|FALL SEMESTER||WINTER SEMESTER|
|Business 1010||Business 1020|
|Economics 1010||Economics 1020|
|English 1000||English 11101|
|Mathematics 1052 or 10001||non-business elective2|
|non-business elective||non-business elective|
- or an additional three credit hours in English at the 1000 level
- Selection of a mathematics course depends on a student’s background and ability. Students should refer to the math course criteria chart prior to selecting their first-semester course. Students choosing to complete Mathematics 1000 may be required to complete Mathematics 1090 as a prerequisite, so Mathematics 1090 should be completed as one of the non-business electives.
The BBA is excellent preparation for a wide variety of career opportunities, which could include (but are not limited to):
- personal finance, banking and insurance
- accounting (including CPA designation)
- marketing, public relations and sales
- business and economic development
- human resources management
- labour and industrial relations