I Want to Apply
1. Choose a program and a campus
Memorial University offers a wide variety of programs. With over 100 degree options and multiple campuses to choose from, your choices are wide open. Check out what is offered at the St. John’s Campus, Grenfell Campus, the Marine Institute or online.
Application deadlines vary by program. We encourage you to submit your application well in advance of the posted deadlines. If you are applying from outside of Canada and will need a study permit, consult with your nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC) regarding the initial study permit application process. Ensure you have sufficient time to process your study permit application.
All applicants must meet general admission requirements before being considered for admission to a competitive-entry program.
If you are taking courses at a university or college for the first time, you will first be considered for admission under a general admission program such as bachelor of arts or bachelor of science.
If you are successful with general admission and have applied to a competitive-entry program, your application will be forwarded to that faculty/school for consideration. You will hear from them separately.
General admission requirements
Canadian high school curriculum requirements >>
International high school curriculum requirements >>
University or college student requirements >>
Mature student requirements >>
Non-degree or visiting student requirements >>
Home-schooled student requirements >>
English language requirement
All applicants to Memorial University must meet our English language requirement. There are four different ways to meet this requirement.
Other admission categories
High school applicants with a high academic average, who are in or nearing their final year of high school, may apply to enrol in a course at Memorial University.
Applicants from high school who do not meet the admission requirements due to special circumstances may appeal for special admission consideration.
The online application takes about 30 minutes to complete. You may start an application, save it, and return to it any time before submitting.
Applicants who are applying to Memorial University for the first time or who previously applied and were admitted, but chose not to register for courses, should submit a new online application. You will create a unique application username and pin, allowing you to return to the application.
The fine print
- Applicants must complete their own application as they are academically responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted.
- The application may not work properly on a mobile device.
- The software for the online application only supports the English language.
Returning Memorial University students
You will need to reapply to Memorial University if you didn't register for courses in the semester in which you were admitted or if you haven’t registered for courses in three consecutive semesters. Use Memorial Self-Service and complete the online application under the “Admissions” menu.
Current Memorial University students
Current Memorial Students (students attending classes or who registered for classes in the last 3 semesters) can change their academic program in one of two ways, depending on the intended program/major/minor:
- Use the appropriate program declaration form if you wish to:
- Declare/change your degree to:
- Bachelor of arts
- Bachelor of business administration
- Bachelor of environment and sustainability
- Bachelor of science
- Declare/change your major, minor or focus area
- Apply to an honours program
- Request admission to a certificate/diploma
2. Use the "Admissions" menu within Memorial Self-Service to apply for a competitive-entry program. Using Self-Service will help avoid unnecessary application fee charges and reduce the amount of personal information that needs to be provided.
Once you've clicked the submit button on your application, proceed to the payment page and pay the non-refundable application fee. A valid credit card (Visa or MasterCard) is required to submit the online application. Debit and/or pre-paid credit cards are not accepted. Current Memorial students will not be charged an application fee.
- Canadian applicants: $60 CAD
- Canadian applicants who have attended a post-secondary institution outside of Newfoundland and Labrador: $120 CAD
- International applicants: $120 CAD
Faculty Specific Application Fees
These fees are in addition to the general application fees listed above:
- Bachelor of music applicants: $40 CAD
- Bachelor of music and bachelor of business administration applicants: $40 CAD
- Doctor of pharmacy Canadian applicants: $125 CAD
- Doctor of pharmacy international applicants: $175 CAD
- Doctor of pharmacy for working professionals applicants: $125 CAD
An application summary and credit card receipt will be issued upon successful submission of an application.