Dr. Leslie Phillips
Cross appointment to the Faculty of Medicine
Dr. Phillips holds a B.Sc. (Pharm) (Memorial 1991), Pharm.D. (University of British Columbia 1993), and a post-doctoral residency in psychopharmacy (UBC/Riverview Hospital, Port Coquitlam, BC). She is cross appointmented with Memorial’s Faculty of Medicine (Psychiatry) and with Eastern Health’s PIER Program (First Episode Psychosis).
Research Areas of Interest:
- Advanced scope of practice for pharmacists
- Medication Adherence
- Mental Health including first episode psychosis
- Pharmacy Education
Teaching Areas of Interest: Mental Health, Therapeutics, Psychopharmacology
- Individual and Family outcomes – an 8 year follow-up of patients in an early psychosis program
• Memorial University’s President’s Award for Distinguished Teaching (2010)
• Memorial University’s Faculty of Medicine: Discipline of Psychiatry Academic Teacher Award (2014)
• Memorial University’s School of Pharmacy Award for Teaching Excellence (1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2007, 2009, 2013)
• Memorial University’s School of Pharmacy Alumni Achievement Award (2010) • Pharmacist Association of NL: James C Quick Award for contributions to the profession (2004)
1. Kelly DV, Young SW, Phillips L, Clarke D. Patient Attitudes Regarding the Role of the Pharmacist and Interest in Expanded Pharmacist Services. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2014;147:233-8.
2. Kelly DV, Bishop LD, Young SW, Hawboldt J, Phillips L, Keough M. Pharmacist and Physician Views on Collaborative Practice: Findings from the Community Pharmaceutical Care Project Canadian Pharmacists Journal 2013;146(4):218-26.
3. Patten S, Remillard A, Phillips L, Modgill G, Szeto A, Kassam A, and D. Gardner. Effectiveness of contact-based education for reducing mental illness-related stigma in pharmacy students. BMC medical Education 2012;12:120 (5 December 2012)
Full list of publications, contact:
Dr. Leslie Phillips
Phone: (709) 864-6772