The Cannabis Health Evaluation and Research Partnership (CHERP) team based at Memorial University is a multidisciplinary team of researchers from faculties including Pharmacy, Medicine, Psychology, Education and Business. Other groups represented include the provincial government, citizens, and retailers.
The goals of CHERP are to:
- Explore how cannabis legalization has affected health & public safety in NL by evaluating related policies.
- Describe how people in NL consume cannabis compared to the rest of Canada.
- Examine how the way we sell cannabis meets government and consumer needs.
- Determine if public cannabis education campaigns are effective & provide empirical support for their refinement.
- Measure how cannabis legalization has impacted public health & safety.
CHERP is funded by: