Quit Smoking & Vaping Program
April 2021 update: Please be advised that due to high demand, our quit smoking program is currently not accepting new clients.Our wait list is now full as well. Please continue to check our website or call periodically for updates on when we will be accepting new clients. Other services that may help you quit include the Smokers Help Line (1-866-366-3667), your local pharmacist, or your family doctor
The Smoking Cessation program is a pharmacist-led clinic that offers smoking cessation services including quit medication and counseling for individuals who wish to make a change in their tobacco use.
READY TO SET A QUIT DATE?
Our individualized service can be tailored to suit your needs but typically includes a combination of the following:
- Pre-quit visits in which we work with you to develop your quit plan. This may include:
- Collection of information such as your smoking history and any relevant health conditions and treatments
- Identification of smoking triggers
- Development of behavioural strategies to manage triggers, as well as cravings and other signs of nicotine withdrawal
- Education about quit medications and a prescription for same if appropriate.
- Post-quit visits in which we support your quit journey. This may include:
- Reviewing any quit medication to support effectiveness and tolerability.
- Assessing abstinence or reductions in tobacco use
- Identifying lapses or slips (or risk factors for such) and working with you to get back on track
NOT READY TO SET A QUIT DATE?
For those interested in making a change in their tobacco use, but not ready to set a quit date, assistance with other strategies such as helping you reduce the amount you smoke, practice quit attempts and reduce-to-quit initiatives can be offered.
Once the program reopens, if you are interested in being a part of our program you can:
- call us @ 864-2274
- complete and fax the REFERRAL FORM to 864-6245. We cannot accept referral forms via email.