Quit Smoking & Vaping Program
The Smoking Cessation program is a pharmacist-led clinic that offers smoking cessation services including quit medication and counseling for individuals who wish to make a change in their tobacco use.
READY TO SET A QUIT DATE?
Our individualized service can be tailored to suit your needs but typically includes a combination of the following:
- Pre-quit visits in which we work with you to develop your quit plan. This may include:
- Collection of information such as your smoking history and any relevant health conditions and treatments
- Identification of smoking triggers
- Development of behavioural strategies to manage triggers, as well as cravings and other signs of nicotine withdrawal
- Education about quit medications and a prescription for same if appropriate.
- Post-quit visits in which we support your quit journey. This may include:
- Reviewing any quit medication to support effectiveness and tolerability.
- Assessing abstinence or reductions in tobacco use
- Identifying lapses or slips (or risk factors for such) and working with you to get back on track
NOT READY TO SET A QUIT DATE?
For those interested in making a change in their tobacco use, but not ready to set a quit date, assistance with other strategies such as helping you reduce the amount you smoke, practice quit attempts and reduce-to-quit initiatives can be offered.
If you are interested in being a part of our program you can:
- call Beulah Jesso @ 864-4536
- complete and fax the REFERRAL FORM to 864-6245. We cannot accept referral forms via email.
*We are currently evaluating our Smoking Cessation Program as part of a research study. For more information please contact Beulah Jesso @ 864-4536*