A listing of previous Canada Ocean Lectures Series is included below in chronological order:
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021
- Sustainability and systemisation in the ocean sector, delivered by accomplished business leader, academic and Memorial alumna Dr. Sue Molloy, president of Nova Scotia-based Glas Ocean Electric
- Nov. 13, 2019
- On the edge: Positioned in one of the richest ocean ecosystems on earth, learn how Memorial’s physical location inspires its researchers to lead critical marine and ocean-related research, delivered by Dr. Neil Bose, vice-president (research), Memorial University, N.L.
- March 3, 2016
- Marine Biodiversity and the Health of Canada's Oceans, presented by Dr. Paul Snelgrove, University Research Professor, Oceans Sciences and Biology, Memorial University, N.L.
- Dec. 5, 2013
- Collaboration and Communication: Two Keys to Our Ocean's Future, presented by Dr. John Nightingale, President and CEO, Vancouver Aquarium and Marine Science Centre.
- Feb. 2, 2012
- Consequences to Canadian Marine Biodiversity of Climate Change, Fisheries and Aquaculture, a presentation featuring the findings of the Royal Society of Canada Expert Panel on Sustaining Canada's Marine Biodiversity presented by Panel Chair, Dr. Jeff Hutchings (Dalhousie University) and other panel members at the Wosk Centre for Dialogue, SFU Vancouver.
- Nov. 2, 2010
- Exploring the Ocean Frontiers - We Have More to Learn, presented by Dr. Verena Tunnicliffe, Director, VENUS, University of Victoria. This lecture was also presented in Ottawa, various locations in BC and Montreal.
- Oct. 10, 2008
- Lament for a Nation's Oceans, presented by Dr. Jeff Hutchings, Professor of Biology and Canada Research Chair in Marine Conservation and Biodiversity, Dalhousie University, Wosk Centre for Dialogue, SFU Vancouver. This lecture was also presented in St. John's, N.L. in October 2009.
- Oct. 25, 2007
- Climate Change in Canada's North and the Arctic Ocean, presented by Dr. Eddy Carmack, Research Scientists, State of the Oceans, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, SFU Vancouver. This lecture was also presented in Ottawa in 2007.
- Oct. 10, 2006
- Who Speaks for the Oceans and What are They Doing About It? presented by The Honourable John Fraser. This lecture was also presented in St. John's, October 2006 and in Vancouver at the Vancouver Aquarium in May 2007.